BOY!!!!
We are so happy. We both had kind of a preference for a boy first but didn't want to admit it for fear of feeling guilty if it had been a girl! But, lo and behold, it's a he!!
The ultrasound experience was really wonderful. The tech placed the doppler on my belly and within 5 seconds she said "well, i know what your having!" and I knew right away that meant boy- if you see a penis, there's no mistaking it! hehe.
The rest of the ultrasound went smoothly. Although the tech can't tell us if there is anything wrong with baby, we got a good feeling that everything seemed right. She went quickly scanning through each section of his little body and giggling along with us as he wiggled around. He was a bit of a stinker and kept flipping over so that his head was away from the doppler!
Towards the end, you could tell he was getting tired because he put his hands by his head and leaned against them like a little pillow. And perhaps the best part was when he did peak up at the doppler straight on and it was like he was looking straight at us. Then he got a little scared and wiggled away!
He is quite a big boy already weighing in at 12oz- almost a pound! Makes me feel a little bit better about all that extra weight I've been packing on! Also, he is measuring at 20 weeks 5 days- meaning my new due date is April Fool's Day! Woohoo!
We're excited to announce our baby boy: Haden Bond. (middle name TBD- we still have 19 more weeks to decide!). We are already in love!
15 comments:
yayyyy!
and what a gorgeous name: "haden." love it!
Awesome news!!!
Boys steal their Momma's hearts!!!
Congrats! Now get ready to have your heart stolen by the little man of your dreams! :) My baby boy (now 4!!!) melts my heart daily and while I love my daughter just as much, there is JUST SOMETHING about a little boy.
Bond.... Haden, Bond..... 001.....
Congratulations Nicole!
Great name! I love it!! So exciting! YAY! :)
Congrats!! I must say, I quite enjoy being the only girl in the house. =D
Congrats! Love the name, even the middle one, he will have fun with that when he is older. ;-)
Yay! So exciting!! I'm still voting for James as a middle name! hehe ;)
Haden James Bond. See? It flows rather nicely, really! Hahahaha. You know I'll love you and that handsome little man even if his middle name isn't James. :)
So exciting!!!
AWWW!!! Congrats!!
I love ultrasounds! Sooooo amazing!
That's so great, Nicole. I remember this stage from when my mom was pregnant with my brother. Your life's gonna get flipped all around, but the joy he brings you will be worth it. Remember that when it gets hard. Congratulations!
Congratulations!!!
I am so happy and excited for you. So very glad!!!
Super sweet time for a super sweet couple with a super sweet son-to-be!
That's so very awesome! Congrats!
Love it!! Haden is a great name, can't wait to hear the middle name that you come up with. :)
Emersyn was a little stinker too during our ultrasound...so much that they couldn't measure her head accurately and I had to come back for another ultrasound three weeks later. Darn right? I was so happy to get to see her again. :) Seeing that wiggly little baby makes it so worth all the exhaustion that is pregnancy. :)
Post a Comment