Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
Man there are SO many things I have to be thankful for this year. Of course my little baby Haden, and my wonderful hubby. I am thankful for a beautiful home and work for Kellen- even when work for me is a bit rocky right now. I am so thankful that God continues to bless us. I really don't deserve what He's given me- but I try to remember to thank Him for this perfect life :0).
So, after I wrote on Monday about our first snowfall, pretty much all hell broke loose in our part of town. I took off to do a couple hours of work that day and then at 3pm, went to head home. What usually takes me 15 minutes to get home took me a total of 5 hours. I actually had to pull over midway and go see my best friend's parents for a toilet and some dinner. Thank god for their hospitality. I then headed out again at 9pm. It was really, really scary, because I had less than 1/4 of a tank of gas and the traffic was ridiculous. I was probably only ten miles from home but still scared that I would run out of gas and be stranded! Luckily, (and by God's grace) I made it home and slept in a very cold house with no power. But I really can't complain as in the morning Kellen and I left for my family's house in Tacoma- and all my poor neighbors have been stuck without power for a couple of days- some even don't have it now!
The morning after we woke up with no power, we decided to make the best of things and cook breakfast in our backyard. Take that mother nature! You are defeated!!
YUM :)
After heading down to Tacoma on Tuesday, we've pretty much just been chilling out at my grandparents since then. Not really heading out much except for a trip to Michael's where my mom and I picked up some crafts- including materials to make my baby shower invitations for my baby shower that my grandma is putting on in January.
Yes, I know it probably not "customary" for the mom of the baby to really help plan in any way, but I love doing that kind of stuff and so my mom and I took on the project together. I'm really glad we did- they turned out adorable.
Every one of them is a little different- which I love.
In other news, I have gotten sick. Nothing to big, but it is a sore throat/cold and being pregnant while sick is NOT fun. Basically this means I got virtually no sleep the night before last and then scowered the internet for safe drugs to take while pregnant. No nyquil for me!
Needless to say, I am feeling a bit better today. Thank goodness!
Well- I am off to my 3rd of 4 Thanksgivings this year (1 Canadian, 1 Friends, 2 Family). Should be delicious!




5 comments:
I'm glad you made it home safely. Love the crafts. They are adorable.
Happy Thanksgiving to you!
Ohmygosh, that sounds scary! We talk about a 15 minute drive turning into an hour - 2 at most! FIVE?!?!? I am so glad there was somewhere you could stop for dinner & to pee. haha. & i'm so glad you made it home safely!!
LOVE those shower invitations!!! SO CUTE!
Glad you're safe. Happy Thanksgiving!
I love that you guys made breakfast on a fire!
We still have not had a good snow here yet. Odd.
Love the baby shower invites!! So cute!
It took Corey 8 hours to get home from work =\ pretty insane! Glad you got home safely!
Post a Comment