Pages

Monday, November 22, 2010

Snow!

It's funny how here in Western Washington everyone flips out over snow, myself included. It seems to come (almost) every year, for a couple days. I think the concept of snow is a lot more fun if you are kid than if you are an adult. It's only fun if you are an adult and happen to have no real responsibilities set for that day- and therefore don't have to drive anywhere. Let me just tell you, driving in the snow is not something a Western Washingtonian knows how to do AT ALL. It's scary to see so many people in the ditch and in accidents because people just won't slow down! 
A peek out our window in the morning to discover a winter wonderland:

This is the first time we've ever gotten snow at our house. Last year it didn't snow at all and we moved in the April before that winter. It's kind of fun to finally see what our little cedar house looks like in the snow!


This weather is going to give me a great excuse to bundle up and stay indoors and work on projects for Haden's room. I've gotten SO much done in the last couple of weeks- I think because it's just becoming so real to me now so I feel very motivated! 


 Let it snow! :)

5 comments:

LDswims said...

So beautiful. I wish we could have some weather like that here...instead we are stuck with 80 degrees and 100% humidity. Entirely too hot for this time of year! Argh!

Laura said...

Snow becomes fun again when you have kids! Liza has been waiting for enough snow to play in for WEEKS. She keeps talking about it and makes snow angels on our floor. (without the snow.)

One year we had lots of snow but it was WAY too cold to take the kids out. And Jason was still pretty little. So we brought in our plastic pool and filled it up with snow in the living room, put gloves on and played in it. :) It was lots of fun. But I can't wait to go sledding with the kids this winter. We've only had a few flakes in the air so far. Nothing sticking.

Amber said...

Woo! I love the snow! I was supposed to go to my monthly appt today but I couldn't get there! I had to cancel and ended up going home instead of back to work...bummer ;) Haha. So now I'm home too watching the flakes fall!

YESSS! I can't wait to see if Haden's playmate will be a little boy or girl! Yay! Too bad I couldn't schedule the ultrasound today. This week!

The Skinny Turtle said...

We have TONS of snow, too! (I'm in the Kent area). Crazy!!

I can't wait to see more of Haden's room. So exciting; I'm living vicariously through you since my youngest is 3 now. ;-)

Melissa said...

HAHA - Louisianians are the same way about the heat... EVERY summer it is TOO hot & humid & EVERY summer we all get mad like it's our first LA summer hahaha. I mean, why don't we just move?! ;)

The snow is beautiful! Love it!!!