Pages

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Stepping Forward

Hey Everyone!

Thanks for all your encouraging comments on my post yesterday. One blogger pointed out that I stated "it's less about the number on the scale" in my about me section and then wrote about my frustrations with the #...haha! Kind of hypocritical I realize. I guess my biggest frustration is the fact that I thought I would be smaller so close to my goal weight. And that is what scares me the most- the fact that honestly when I started this journey I thought that at my goal weight I might FEEL super skinny, be in a single digit pant size, etc, etc- but that hasn't happened yet.

But I think I have resolved my frustrations by just focusing on moving forward. No more mind games about the number on the scale, the shape of my "chunky" spots- the way I feel in short shorts, the size of my pants (all thoughts from a shopping trip this weekend). Instead, I'm just going to start focusing on taking baby steps forward. It's funny, because this is what I was doing just a couple of months ago....but somehow I forgot this technique!

As for my baby step yesterday...it included joining a gym! I am excited to say that last night I did 15 minutes on the elliptical, 10 on the stationery bike, and 8 minutes on the row machine. Not a huge workout, but 30 minutes in a good amount for me.

Also, in even better news, starting on June 11th I am going to have the best work schedule ever- 9am-2pm. How sweet is that? Just enough time to hit the gym and make it home in time to cook a deliciously healthy dinner for the hubs.

Again, thanks for the support everyone. I don't know where I'd be without my blogger friends!


12 comments:

Melissa said...

9-2 sounds like the BEST schedule!!!! Love it!

I joined a gym yesterday too! YAY US!

You look amazing. Really. Keep on keeping on & maybe one day you'll feel even better! Me, personally, i'd give anything to be in a 16! HA!

Anonymous said...

I think that we all have moments when we feel tired of the process and the time that it takes. You just have to focus on your accomplishments and not on what is still left to be done. Easier said than done I know :)
Great job on the gym membership!

Anonymous said...

I'm having the exact same issue you are. I'm almost halfway to my goal weight and I barely see a difference, which makes me scared that I'll still be unhappy when I do reach that goal. But everyone keeps reminding me, and it's true, that we're always our own worst critics. So it's just better to listen to your blogger friends than yourself...and you look great girl!!

Lucy said...

30 minutes is good Nicole. It's realistic. When you can put more you will.

Hang in there! This ride isn't over yet :)

kimert said...

Good for you for joining a gym! 30 minutes is a great workout because that was 30 less minutes you were doing nothing. :)

Amber said...

We are our own biggest critic! You've done so well getting to where you are now. Don't get down on yourself! Maybe your new work schedule and gym membership will be just what you need to shed those last few pounds to get to your first goal weight.

And I think you look amazing... ;)

Jessica - cbgblog said...

I want your schedule... trade me!

Running Diva Mom said...

Just found your blog and am looking forward to following your journey! :-)

Tiff said...

Go girl! Yay for joining a gym- you will love it I'm sure :)

Tricia said...

congrats on the gym!

Anonymous said...

I gave you an award.

Eliza Aeowyn said...

We all have our moments where we over analyze ourselves. You are your own worst critic...and you can be your biggest fan. I find myself getting frustrated with not being able to see the results everyone else says they see!