Pages

Monday, May 10, 2010

Weigh in Week 26: Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes (a six month anniversary celebration)

Hope you all had a fabulous weekend filled with lots of sunshine, fresh fruits and veggies, and lots of outdoor activities.

Mine? Well, there was sunshine....and that's about it! :) But honestly, I'm getting kind of tired of saying "I didn't do well this weekend" or "I struggled this week"- because the fact is- I just lived. I tried to make healthy decisions every chance I could, but I made some bad ones too. And for me, that's really ok, because I can honestly say that choosing healthy things has become part of my "lifestyle" instead of my strict regiment I must follow at all costs.

You may have noticed the lack of blogging in the healthy living department lately, and honestly, the above paragraph pretty much summarizes why. It just feels pointless to me to come on here, day after day, and say the same thing: Well yesterday I did good. Then today I ate a piece of pizza. I worked out for a half hour, but today I didn't.

It just doesn't feel like I'm at that "struggling" place anymore- the one that was fighting against me trying to stop me from doing any of this altogether and return me to my couch potato ways. I can honestly say I've conquered that mountain- there is just no way I will ever go back.

And so I'm pressing forward through the "hills" and to be honest well, those hills just wouldn't be very fun to talk about. Like I said, I have my good days, and I have my bad, but I am committed to moving forward like I never was before.

So where does that put us?

Well, it means I might blog less. You may have gathered that from the lack of posts recently. But really it just means this blog is changing directions altogether.

For one thing, I intend to still weigh in every Monday- this keeps me accountable and helps me to evaluate my entire week and what I accomplished or could improve upon.

I also want to focus on "healthiness" as a whole- not just on losing the weight. This may mean I would bring up topics that having absolutely nothing to do with diet and exercise (which has actually happened a couple of times in the past couple of weeks).

Better said, this blog is becoming more of a "Nicole's Life" blog instead of a "Nicole's Weight" blog.
Hope that's ok!
(but really, it's going to happen whether you like it or not, sorry!)

Weigh in.

This week I lost two pounds! YAY! Do you know what that means? I've lost 35.5lbs altogether and earned myself this pretty little number:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

How exciting is that?!?

And guess what else that means?

On November 9, 2009- I set out to lose a total of 40lbs. I had no idea what I would look like at that weight- but I chose it because it was a nice even number and I couldn't ever remember weighing so little.

Exactly six months later (counted by weeks) I weigh 35.5lbs less than that day- I am 4.5lbs away from meeting that goal. I am pretty darn proud of myself.

:)

Happy Six Month Anniversary, Healthy Me!


6 comments:

Tonyne said...

I think there is a point where this stops being about losing weight and it starts just being the way you live. You are making the transition. :) Good for you!

Christine said...

Great job on your weight loss!

I too am ALMOST at that point....I look forward to following your 'life' blog!

Melissa said...

Good job!! You're awesome!! :)

Laura said...

I love your attitude! I love your way of thinking! I love your success!

And I am pretty sure I will still read your blog. :)

kimert said...

Great job on the weight loss!!!!!

Seth said...

great job! simply living now.