I'm pretty much at my wits end with this dog. I mean, sure, she is cute, and yes, I DO want a friendly, nice dog that my someday my children can play with in the backyard. But today....I'm ready to give her up.
On Sunday I meticulously planted all my "may" vegetables in perfect little lines in my garden. I put up those little paint sticks to label them. It looked so cute and I couldn't wait until they started to sprout. I've literally been checking everyday. Well today when I went out, guess what I discovered? My dog has ruined my garden. Completely. She dug in certain parts and pulled all the sticks out and chewed on them. I put up a fence to keep her out but somehow she still got through!
I know that I got her for a reason. If it weren't for her NEEDING exercise I'm not sure if I ever would have started this journey. The way we found her was pretty much a sign from God that it was meant to be.
I feel so confused and frustrated at this point. My husband is to the point where he can't even have her inside the house because she just howls/barks at us all night. She's destroyed the entire backyard and more!
I feel like a whiny baby right now. But I just don't know what to do. Not only would it be sad emotionally to give her up....honestly...my biggest frustration is the amount of money we've spent on her this last year! I am trying to crack that up to "tuition for the school of life (DR Fans!)" but I just can't seem to feel like I am thinking about giving away a small investment!
Not really sure what the point of this post is other than to just get out my frustrations for finding my garden ruined :(. I really wanted to have home grown veggies this year....
10 comments:
Oh I know how it is when it comes to naughty dogs! My guy's barks at everyone! Sometimes it's enough to drive you insane...
Sorry about your little garden, but I'm sure you can piece some of it back together again!
Just breathe & regroup. My dogs have irritated me beyond words, we have to remember we brought them into our lives. She has to adjust to fit into yours & you have to make concessions for her. Maybe you can get an invisible fence? Maybe there is a 13 year old neighbor who is wanting to make some extra dog walking $$? You'll feel better soon.
Ugh... We have a dalmatian that we've had for 7 years. She has torn up carpet, baseboards, our entire yard... ect... We've had her 7 years and she STILL tears up the toilet paper. Infact, a month ago she chewed the corners of our brand new coffee table off.
She gets walked every single day and has 3 other dogs to play with. We can literally come in from a 3 mile run and she'll tear something up.
I've worked with dogs my whole life through vets offices and dog daycares.
I guess my point is some dogs are just neurotic. Sometimes I don't think it's about the exercise. Huskies in general are a little crazy. Even if they are exercised all the time. I think they are just anxious dogs.
I really don't think there is much you can do. We keep our dog in a crate while we are gone so she doesn't do anymore damage. I've gotten over the point where I feel sorry for her because she's done so many crazy things.
It's hard I know... Honestly though maybe she would do better in a different home? Where someone had acres of land or something?
Take lots of deep breaths! That is why I can't have a dog. . .
I am so sorry! I know how much you wanted that garden!!
I know you love Chloe, though! Give her another chance... I would be seriously pissed... i have been really upset w/ my dog before especially when he was a puppy! They can be SO BAD!
Have you ever watched The Dog Whisperer??? Seriously - he's a miracle. You should give him a call! HAHA!
Hi there! I don't think I ever wrote about getting rid of Tucker (our beagle)! That's because I felt so guilty!! Anyhoo, once it was done I was sooo relieved-actually we were ALL relieved, even my daughter and she's the one who wanted him!!!
Bottom line-whatever works for you. Hope it all works out soon :)
so sorry you are going thru this but I SO SO SO NEEDED TO READ THIS TODAY :)
I was thisclose to getting another canine.
a biggun :)
a bullmastiff...again.
Id repressed how *wild* our last one was.
Miz.
awwww i'm so sorry you lost your garden... honestly, if it were me, i'd be the sh.t out of that dog... ok, let's be honest, i really wouldn't, but i'd have to hold myself back from the temptation... my aunt used a shock collar on her dog, which i don't know where i stand on that whole thing, but it definitely worked for her... just a thought... if all else fails, bury him in one of the holes he digs... ok, just kidding again, i'm really against animal abuse i swear ;)
I'm sorry about your dog stress. Huskies are a tough breed. They can get into anything and escape from anything. They really are a high maintenance breed due to their behaviors.
My girl put me through hell! I stuck it out, barely.
Hang in there. You've got a lot on your plate, it sounds like.
Things will get better for you, I'm sure.
Adopting a dog, even a stray is a great gift for you and the dog. However, one must always research what type of breed they're about to adopt. If you research huskies, they are not good dogs for owners who want a well manicured lawn because huskies dig and dig. It's what they do. They love to talk and howl. It's what they do. They were bred to run and run so the energy will always be there. Unfortunately it sounds like your dog doesn't fit your personality. Whatever you decide, make sure your dog ends up somewhere safe. I have a big heart for dogs, and as a Husky owner myself, it makes me sad to hear you want to give your dog up. They may frustrate you, but they are the best friends one could ask for. Good luck with your decision.
Post a Comment