Hey You!
I figured since it's been a couple days I owed you all an update. I've been massively slacking on my weekly weigh in posts, but don't worry, it's really nothing too exciting. Just as of Monday was I back down to my lowest weight so far (-35.5). So from here
forward is only going to get better, right? Right! You know why I'm so confident of this? Well, for one thing, I think my body has finally "regulated" itself out hormone wise. If you didn't know, I went off of hormonal BC about 2 months ago. My body whacked out at first and I really think that's why I gained about 5lbs back so quickly. Also, I am so determined to see that first goal of 40lbs lost! I really think I can bust it out and at least get there sometime this summer!
I have been working out a bit more regularly the last couple of weeks, thanks to my new gym membership. I decided to try out some classes this week and see what I liked. On Monday I went to "Total Body Conditioning"- and I thought- hey! This will be fun! And a great workout! Well, one of those thoughts was right...and let me tell you, it wasn't the fun part. This class was a little bit of pure torture I think. I tried a step class back in December and really disliked it- I just couldn't keep up. Well this was step--except onto a freakin yoga ball! Ok, not the "whole" ball, but it was one of those half ball things. It looked like this:

And we had to do "step" and coordinated movements on this thing! Let me tell you something.....
I am NOT coordinated. I can not dance "properly" for the life of me- let alone keep up with a class of super fit middle age women who seem to read the instructors mind! GAH!
Needless to say, I will not be attempting this one again....
Eating wise, things have been pretty good. I just started a new job (I'm a nanny) and I swear this family is like the healthiest eaters on the planet, and I am NOTexaggerating. Their mom buys only organic products, but not only that, she literally knows tons of ways of getting the best nutritional value out of the food you are eating (soaking beans, adding herbs, cooking slowly, etc). I have learned amazing stuff so far from her!
She has also welcomed me to eat anything in their house. Score! I am having fun trying new and healthy recipes and snacks she comes up with.
Well, I am going to "sign off" for now, but before I go I thought I'd leave you with an update pic of me since I haven't had one in a while!
I wore this dress three years ago for my rehearsal dinner for my wedding. It hasn't fit me for a while, and now it's almost too big! Gotta love shopping in your own closet.

19 comments:
What a cute dress! You look great!!
I loved being a nanny. Seems like you can find ways to be active while working like at a park (if the sunshine ever decides to make an appearance in the NW) or having dance parties, etc. You could essentially get paid to work out? :)
I've never been a "workout class" type of girl. If I'm gonna embarrass myself until I get all the moves down, I do it in the comfort of my own living room with a DVD ☺ Lovely news about the new nanny job. I love getting new info on nutritious foods. The dress is super cute too! Good luck getting to 40 soon...
You look great, darlin'! Waita keep going, you'll get to your goal in no time!
uh...step is NOT for me! My gym says to give every class 3 chances...did it and on the 3rd class when I was finally getting it the teacher announce we were learning a new routine...HAHAHA was running through my head, I cant imagine doing it on a yoga ball!!!
Congrats on your dress! I recentley started pulling out clother from highschool (4 yrs ago) and wearing them, all my friends want to know where and how I got the new wardrobe....haha!
Check me out:
http://www.6mnths2sknnyjns.blogspot.com
that will be fun to learn more about eating healthier. Good for you shopping in your closet! Gotta love that.
I have done some work outs from hell and I keep going back because they are good for me!
Love you in that dress! You have fab arms. I've taken a couple step and ultimate conditioning class, too. You're absolutely right. They are torture! But! totally worth it. I'd never worked out like that if I was working out on my own. Too lazy.
One thing I love about babysitting is the free food :)
I'm glad that the birth control thing is going well.
Aw! You looks FAbulous Dahling! Gotta see if that dress gets your hubby going! lol...
Looks like everything's going fine - I'm so happy for you! :)
Uh, and when I saw the picture I was sort of like this --> :O you look great! And I think that dress suits you perfectly. So cute!
You look fabulous!
And funny how God dropped you in to a new family that will only teach you more about the thing you have become passionate about. He's pretty cool like that! :)
Yes, i was thinking what Laura said, how cool is it that you are in a family where the mom is all about good-for-you foods!!!
& you look SO cute! :)
Wow that is amazing about the family-share with us what you learn-love the dress~
Congrats on the gym membership and taking classes! And I hope you share someof her tips =) She sounds like my dream version of the mom I wanna be. LOL
You look great in your "NEW" dress! What are Hormonal BC shots? You can email me at
isaidso@bellsouth.net if you wish.
Thanks!
Truly awesome blog! you look amazing! Keep in touch KimboxKimboxKimbox xxxx
Aww, you look so pretty in that dress! I'm glad to hear your experience with swearing off birth control has turned out well. It may be something I explore in the future.
Awwww what an ADORABLE dress! Glad to hear you are doing well in the workout dept! :)
You look awesome and that is REALLY exciting! I'm down 30 pounds and it's encouraging to read updates on other people for encouragement! Way to go! And that class DOES sound killer!
you look cutecutecute in that dress!
and Im renown for avoiding all group fitness classes.
MYRIAD REASONS from my LACK OF coordination to the fact I rebel at being told when to workout (Im a grownup that wayNOT).
I love that dress!
Post a Comment