Pages

Monday, June 28, 2010

Half Marathon Follow Up


Hello my lovely followers!

Well it's been two days since my tragic race day on Saturday. I say tragic because it didn't end as well as I, or my cousin, had hoped. In fact, it didn't really "end" at all! It was cut quite short.

We started out pretty strong, although Jenny (cousin) did say that her knee had already started bothering her just walking to the start line (probably not a good sign)!! We started out jogging, and she quickly decided that this was not a good idea. I jogged very slowly along with her for the first three miles, and then slowed down because she was hurting more. We walked the next three, and then made the decision to take the medical van to the finish line once we hit mile 6. She felt really bad for cutting my race short, but honestly, I felt like I had signed up with her and I was going to stick with her! Not to mention that we only had one cell phone between the two of us.

So all in all, it was a bit disappointing- but I'm glad she decided to stop when she did, and didn't injure her knee even more.

However, I don't regret doing it. I was reminded of how much I love the energy and atmosphere of races. I am totally hooked. And so...

I signed up for another one! This time just a 5k, but it's soon- as in 4th of July! I'm going to show my American Pride by busting my booty on Sunday. I am so excited!

7 comments:

Kyle said...

Awww...I'm sorry for your cousin's injury. It seems like we runners have to recognize that it will simply happen at times.

Best wishes on your 5K!

Anna said...

It was really nice of you to stay close to your cousin... :) I'm sure you'll do great on the 5K! You'll be rewarded for your kindness!

Miz said...

what they said.
Life is about doing unto others in my view.

You rock with kindness.

kimert said...

Sorry to hear about your cousin's injury. Kudos to you for staying by her side!!! Good luck with your July 4th 5k. I will be running a hot 5k on the 3rd! :)

paulawannacracker said...

Sorry about your cousin's knee. She was smart to end the race. No sense in risking greater injury and you were just awesome to stay with her. You're a good friend and Congrats on another 5k on the 4th of July. There's a 5k race here as well that I'm going to sign up for today---

I agree with Miz... your kindness rocks. Thanks for your nice comment to my haggerd pic.

Losing it said...

good luck in a few days!

Candace said...

I'm behind on your posts so I can't wait to find out how the 5k went~