Hi Everyone!
I'm feeling much better today. I've been semi productive and that always make me feel much better.
I started the grass on the nursery. Unfortunately, the green paint we got looks way more like yellow than green against the blue sky :(. Frustrating because we bought nice behr wall paint when I really should of just gotten acrylic. Would have been much more cost effective!
I'm having such a hard time staying active. I haven't really felt too "sick" yet in this pregnancy (other than a couple waves of nauseous early on), but I have just been SO tired. I literally feel like sitting on the couch all day long. This isn't really me! I mean, sure, there has been periods of time (ok, most of the time) where I wasn't an "active" person at all. But that still didn't mean I wanted a nap 24/7.
Every time I think I will have some free time to go running/jogging or even walking, I feel so exhausted and end up sleeping!
I'm hoping my second trimester brings a little bit more energy? We will see...only 1.5 weeks away!
8 comments:
Hey just a tip, you may be able to go get the paint retinted so that it is more green. I know they do that at Home Depot.
Hang in there. A lot of my friends have been super-exhausted during the first trimester just to have energy going through the roof in the second trimester. From what I know (not much since I've never been pregnant), the first tends to be the roughest - if you're not sick, you're exhausted, type of thing. Course there's the last month, too. Not sure which I'm more eager to get past, if I am lucky enough to get pregnant. :)
Hang in there.
Food Coma- Thank you so much! I would have NEVER thought of that!
LDSwims- Thanks for the encouragement! I hope I fall into that wonderful and energetic second trimester category!
I was the laziest person EVER when I was pregnant. Sat around ALL the time. Ridiculous. After hearing about the girl who was at the gym right up until her water broke (yeah it broke while she was on the eliptical!) and seeing 8 month pregnant girls at aerobics I swear if I ever get pregnant again I will not sit around. Hopefully I don't ever get pregnant again hahaha but if I do...
Anyways... don't beat yourself up for not being as active as you were. Pregnancy can really take a toll on your energy and it's hard to even THINK about working out when all you feel like doing is sleeping.
As someone in the second trimester, I felt the same way as you during the first! Just make sure you get lots of rest, your body is going through a lot, and that is exhausting! Hopefully it lets up for you soon. I felt a lot more refreshed during the day around 13 weeks. Now this week (19) I've been back to being exhausted again, but I think thats because it's getting harder for me to sleep with this whole belly thing going on :)
Hope you get some energy back soon!
Girl, do not feel bad for being lazy! :) Nobody blames a prego woman for that! (At least they better not!) You're almost to Trimester 2, hopefully you are right & that you'll get some energy back! :)
Have you asked your doctor about taking iron pills? I was sooo tired all of the time because my iron was almost rock bottom. Plus, you are prego, it's alright to be a little lazy=)
Totally normal to be wipe out first trimester-you are creating life! Seriously, you'll feel better soon. Do you have access to a pool? It was my best friend both pregnancies.
Post a Comment