Hi Friends!
Well today I completed my first day of the couch to 5k program. Well, actually, it's technically my "second first day" since I'm an already graduate from the program as of last February. However, I am about to admit to you all that I actually haven't ran since my 4th of July run and haven't worked out in over a month. I'm out of shape and I need to so something about it!
When I first found out I was pregnant Kellen did the whole "first time dad" thing and told me he didn't want me to run. I told him it was ok, I've done the research and it's ok to continue my running throughout pregnancy. But secretly I succumbed to his daddy jitters out of running boredom combined with a fear to run in the summer heat....not my idea of fun.
Then when I went to see my new naturopath doctor a couple of weeks ago she asked about exercise. Shudder. I told her I HAD been running...and she asked why I stopped. I explained the daddy fears and she assured me that I will "not shake the baby out" and that it was actually an excellent thing for me to be doing. Not only that, but running can help with giving birth (who knew?).
So I come to today. The first day was actually challenging. I definitely think I'm more out of shape than I thought I was. Combine that with the constant feeling of having to pee (when I came home I peed and I think the "flow" lasted a whole two seconds), and I can already see that running during pregnancy is going to be a whole new animal!
I secretly always had this dream of running across a finish line with a giant belly. I hope I make that happen in the next couple of months!
I wanna take a couple minutes to thank all my readers of this blog. I am so encouraged by your comments and thank you for just being there for me, even if that means just a few words to encourage me with!
Shout out to Ruth Ann who left me a comment through my formspring about an award she gave me. I would love to follow you on blogger, hopefully this post will allow you to comment so I can find you! Thank you!
Also thank you to Whitney at finally getting healthy for another blog award! I am a new follower!
I got one other question on formspring:
Are you going to find out the baby's gender??
and the answer is...
yes,yes,yes! I can't wait. There is just WAY to much planning, shopping, and other fun things I want to do that involve knowing the gender. I will be at 20 weeks November 19th so I have a feeling the news will come sometime around then. I will definitely keep you all updated!
8 comments:
Kudos to you for running while pregnant!!! I wish I had done the same. Good luck! And of course, congrats again! :)
That is so awesome that you are doing the Couch to 5k while prego!!! You will do awesome! I'm definitely planning to stay very active, exercising, etc while i'm preggers. I hear it's great for baby & mommy!
Can't wait to find out what you are having! Exciting!
I could cross the finish line with a big belly but not the fun way-haha. Glad to know it will help with the birth-that is very encouraging :)
I think it is great that you are going to run! I got so lazy during my pregnancies and I regret it. I hear all the time that people who exercise have easier deliveries. And I've seen some very pregnant women working out at the gym... one lady went right to the end. Her water broke while on one of the machines!
hey cutie! i have given you a blog award... no pressure to do anything about it but just wanted to let you know! ;)
http://melissavenable.blogspot.com/2010/09/i-am-versatile-my-favorite-bloggie.html
Good Evening. Check out my blog when you can. I have something for you there
hey!! you have a wonderful blog. thanks for sharing your weight lost progress here. keep it up and never give up. you can do it.
YAY! It worked! =) This is Ruth Anne from The Skinny Turtle. I'm so excited for your pregnancy and I love the nursery decor you've picked out!
My advice on running while pregnant (not that I've ever done it; I haven't. But I have had 3 kiddos!) is wear a pad. It will save you, I promise. ;-)
Post a Comment