Hi All!
Man am I excited! Tomorrow I take off to a new country. Crazy, huh?
Ok, not too crazy. Really, I am going to Canada. I live in Washington state so it's really only a couple of hours away. One of my best friend's is Canadian and I asked her if I could join in on her Thanksgiving this year! It kind of makes me giggle that Canadians have Thanksgiving in October, but of course that's just because I grew up here in the U.S. so it's different for me. But I'm really excited to experience it!
So yesterday I was thinking how incredibly funny that God is sometimes. Seriously guys, I am convinced the "big guy upstairs" has quite a good sense of humor. When I was little I remember praying and telling him silly jokes and wondering if He was laughing- which since I thought I was extremely funny, I always imagined he was :).
Anyway, I am reminded of this again this week. A couple of weeks ago I prayed that God would bring some ladies in my life that I could relate too. I am 22, so there are just not a lot of girls in my situation that either have kids/or are pregnant. Most people at my age are still caught up in the single/party life. I love my friends that are still enjoying this stage, but I felt like I needed at least a couple of women close to me that I could talk about things with.
Well, let's just say within the last three weeks it seems that pregnancy is spreading like a contagious disease. The checker at the grocery store. The dental assistant. Almost my ENTIRE bible study group. And also a really good friend who just found out she's due one month after me. CRAZY!
God makes me laugh. Sometimes he answers our prayers in ways we can never imagine, sometimes he purposely does NOT answer our prayers (because he has a better plan) and sometimes he answers them above and beyond what we asked for. I like Him. :)
9 comments:
Thats so awesome-welcome to Canada-where does your friend live? Enjoy all that Canada has to offer~
God definitely DOES have a sense of humor :)
And what the heck is in the water?? EVERYONE is pregnant right now!! Miss you, lady. We seriously need to get together soon. It's been way too long!
I like Him tooooooo! I love how he works things out! That is so exciting that other people around you are pregnant!
My friends range in age from 25-40... all of us have kids around the same age. :) It's fun.
Great post! God does have sense of humor. I hope you enjoy Canadian Thanksgiving. Have a wonderful time.
If you have a chance, check out my blog too. 100 Pounds Goal. I'd love to hear your comments.
--Trevor
Have a great time in Canada, as a Canadian I can absolutely say, without a shadow of bias, that we're awesome people :o)
I like Him too!!!
Funny as I started reading this post I thought....weird how the US celebrated Thanksgiving in November!!
Enjoy our Canadian Thanksgiving weekend! Blessings!
I'm not pregnant right now but I was less than 3 months ago and it was my 3rd time so if you've got any questions I'd love to answer any. Do you have any specific desires for your labor and delivery? Do you have any good books your reading? If you're looking for some I have a few great ones to recommend. Even some just "birth story" books that are very encouraging and eye opening. I always enjoy reading other people's experiences and gleaning any helpful info I can and put it in my brain for when I might need it (of course eveyone's experience is different but I figure the more prepared I can be for anything the better off I will be.)
I like him too! :) Haha, i love how you said that! But it's true! SO TRUE!
So happy you have met a ton of prego girls you can be friends with! God rocks!
It's so fun to share your pregnancy with other pregnant woman. I'm glad you've made some connections!
Post a Comment