I am struggling with this eating thing. I must confess, I am struggling too with being ok with this weight gain thing. I liked counting calories and fitting things into a little box (or plate). I liked feeling like I had control and feeling like I was satisfied with one serving (because I really was). But now I feel like my entire life is off kilter- I am SO hungry all the time. I eat and eat and still I feel like I could eat some more. I went a little crazy last weekend for Canadian Thanksgiving and came home weighing 3lbs more. WOAH! Yes, I do realize some of this is bloating (and my scale happily went down a bit this week) but I am still feeling angry and frustrated to have to see that thing move up.
I KNOW it's not in vain...I know I should be gaining weight...but I don't wanna! WAH! I just want my little tike to eat what he/she needs and be nice and healthy and leave the rest of my body alone.
Ok, now that I'm done whining I'm going to go eat lunch. Hmm...what will fill me, satisfy me, and be healthy for my little one? Probably an entire chicken. Ok, I kid.
5 comments:
Has your midwife told you how much you should be gaining a month or what your total weight gain should be? I say as long as you're on track to meet that goal, you shouldn't worry!
Maybe try lighter meals and healthy snacks throughout the day to keep the hunger pains at bay? That's what works for me. I'm ravenous if I go too long without eating, but if I am constantly snacking on something, I do better. I may not feel "full" all the time, but I usually don't feel like I could eat a horse either. Hang in there, lady! It'll be worth it in the end!
hugs
hahahahaha
so if you're pregnant, what's my excuse?
thanks for stopping my new blog.
love,
alexia
That is one of my biggest fears too! I love being on control of what I am eating, but that would be so frustrating. Vent anytime you need to!
You'll be okay, make sure to share your fears with your Dr./Midwife. **Big Hugs**
Post a Comment