Pages

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

It's all about the money

I would love to say I'm not a person that could be pulled into anything and completely motivated by a chunk of change, but if I said that I'd simply be lying. Being a stay at home mom means living on one income- which means spending cash is few and far between. So when I heard about a local weight loss competition in my area that promoted a cash prize for the biggest loser, I knew I had to be a part of it. 

I actually heard about this competition a little over a year ago when I had already lost the 35lbs and was working my way down. At that point I thought it would be fun, but I also knew that I was close to my goal weight already and I didn't probably have enough to lose to make it worth my while. 

So maybe I can think of it as a positive thing that now I have weight to lose? haha. It is definitely serving as the motivation I need in order to get my butt in gear!

The cool thing about this competition is that it's actually a nutrition "class." It lasts 12 weeks and each week we learn something new about healthy eating. This week's topic was protein! I will never say no to an opportunity to learn something new, especially when it has to do with a subject so close to my heart (or belly) :)

The best thing I think is that the competition and class only cost $35! That seems like a steal to me since I am an ex- Weight Watcher that was easily throwing $40 bucks a month away and eating mine and my friends share of points! (I think WW is awesome and a totally amazing program, just not for me)

I weighed in last Wednesday night, got my measurements, and "before" pictures taken. I am so pumped about this new 12 week journey! 

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Wow, girl! That sounds like an awesome challenge!! And to have a nutrition class along with it! YEAH!

My work is doing a weigh-down challenge. We each put in $10 & have to pay $1 when we gain a pound or more. I am down 11 pounds since we started. Last time we did this (last year), the winner only lost 10. So maybe i'm gonna win?!? Whoever wins gets all the money. WOOHOO!

imelda@etchetera etchetera said...

glad you're back...! I am trying to lose weight, (not much success) as I lacked the will power... but keep me posted!

Unknown said...

you will do it :D