The title of this probably makes me sound like I am some crazy insensitive person. And after I write this you make think I am....but...I don't really care :)
Being a mom has taught me so much. People like to give their opinions on everything from sleeping to eating to pooping. And while some of this advice is friendly and loving and caring, some of it is simply not. You learn pretty quickly as a mom that you have one of two options:
1. You allow others thoughts or feelings about you affect you and get you down
-or-
2. You simply don't care.
Not caring includes ignoring, letting the words "roll of your shoulder" or just simply stating politely "Thanks, but I think for MY family we have found that some other options work best!"
This attitude can be applied to so many things in our lives. A nasty coworker that is intent on bringing you down, a grumpy grocery store clerk that is angry at your coupon usage, a nasty family member who tends to live on the negative side of life.
Now I am not saying that I am anyway near not caring about what people think of me...but I AM saying that it's a new goal of mine :)
Guess what? At the end of the day it's YOUR life and theres only one person that has to live with your decisions: you. So why don't you start today at taking steps to make YOU happy and not care what anyone else thinks? I know I am!
4 comments:
I used to read this blog all the time before you closed it...even though I never commented! I love that you are blogging again. I figured I would just say I feel almost exactly the same as you..you get to a point where you just don't care!! I of coarse love my family and friends and care about certain aspects of their life, but it's so hard sometimes when someone is being negative or in a way making you feel like a bad mother because you do something one way..but I have gotten so good at just not caring. Although sometimes..more often than it should it still bothers me..but I guess that's life.
oh and p.s.
GOOD LUCK with the weight loss..be sure to share anything interesting you learn in your nutrition class :)
Actually there are three other people that have to live with my decisions. :)
Amen!
Post a Comment