Well there's no way I can put "big news" in my title and not just come right out and say it to you all: I'm pregnant!

If you've followed me for longer than six months now, you know that I have talked about wanting babies but that we were waiting for the right time. Well, here it is! Realistically, this was not a surprise (if you are wondering). Kellen and I did a lot of thinking and talking about this big decision in the last couple of months and made some very big, and different decisions. Would you have asked me six months ago when I was going to start having children, I would have told you not for a while. But sometimes life (or in my opinion, God) has different plans.
Needless to say, Kellen and I are seriously beyond excited for our impending bundle of joy (or current "blueberry" sized baby). My due date is April 8th!
Now I want to apologize for leaving you all in the dust for the past couple of weeks. My last post discussed my plan of action to weigh in on the 1st and then put the scale away for a month. Well, the next day I found out this little news and that little plan soon went out the window!
Since I found out, I've been weighing everyday just to make sure I'm staying on track with my weight gain (yes, I said weight GAIN-AH!). After 7+months of struggling to get weight off I must come to a stop with my weight loss efforts and focus on just maintaining, and even gaining, a healthy amount of weight.
Let me tell you, this has NOT been an easy feat for me. I pretty much freaked out the first week and wrote down every calorie that went into my mouth (adding an extra 300 of course, which is recommended for pregnancy). I meticulously counted and weighed and thought about every food decision. This didn't last long.
It's not that I don't think it's a good thing for me to be very aware of what I'm consuming at this point. But what I've taken into account the last week is the amazing and natural way my body can give me "ques" as to what it needs. And often, these "ques" don't always line up with my perfect calorie pyramid.
Of course I will admit this may just be an excuse to devour a guilt free bowl of chocolate ice cream. But don't worry. After 7 months of rigorously triple thinking my every food decision, I believe I've set myself up on a safe and healthy path for the next nine months.
It's hard not to have the thought that I just lost all this weight just to gain it back. But at the same time, this is not going to be a 15-25lb weight gain from ice cream and cookies. There is a human being growing inside me! And positively, it feels good to know I have the power to control my body, when just a mere 7 months ago, it truly controlled me.
Well I hope to be updating more often as I learn how to deal with this new part of my life and how that relates to my healthy journey. Some have been begging for a baby blog already, and it IS in the making, but I am undecided right now whether it will go public or not. We will see.
20 comments:
Congrats! So excited for you!
Also really glad that you are thinking about just being healthy for your baby and for yourself. It's great that you are already putting that plan into action!
Again congrats on your blessing!
Yay again!!!
I understand your whole weight dilemma a bit. I had lost a bunch of weight and weighed less than I did in high school. I was pretty pumped and then I unexpectantly got pregs with Liza and gained back double what I lost haha. Oh man. But you are not me! And you can def do better than I did because I'm just a fat pig when I am pregnant and I never thought about food... just ate it.
Congratulations!!! :) How exciting!
CONGRATULATIONS!!
Congratulations!
Congratulations! Welcome to the sisterhood!!
twofatgirlsonamission
Whoa! Congratulations to you and Kellen!
Congratulations! I knew as soon as I saw the title of this post in my blog roll that "I'm pregnant" was what you were going to say. =) I don't know how, but I did.
Seriously, so excited for you!
Congrats! I am so happy for you.
Don't worry too much about food, just make smart choices and remember that your baby eats what you eat. I am SO happy and excited for you!! I gained 19lbs while pregnant and it came off easily through breastfeeding (which burns like 2000 calories a day, no joke). ENJOY your pregnancy, soak in every moment. It is a precious time of life and you are going to be such a great mama!!
Congratulations! So exciting...I've got the "baby itch" and have been talking with my husband about it. No decisions yet, though. I'll be making sure to keep an eye on your updates!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!
I am so thrilled for you guys-how exciting~
Congratulations on your blueberry! You must be ecstatic and who could blame you :)
Totally worth the wait for you write a post!! Congratulations! Kinda jealous but excited for you! :)
Congratulations! :)
Eeeeeeek!!!! YAY!!! Congrats!!! :)
Where have you been girl??!! I am sooo happy for you!!! Motherhood is awesome!!
Congrats congrats!!!! So excited! & you sound very level-headed about food, etc. :) HUGS!
I've been on vacay, I just checked in today. CONGRATS. That is so exciting. I can't wait to read your journey while preggers. Lovely!
Post a Comment