Ok, so it's not like I've lost an unhealthy amount of weight in the last month, only a pound, but it still feels weird to not be jumping for joy about it! Normally, a reduction on the scale would leave me feeling happy and satisfied. Right now, I'm more just like: Huh. That's weird.
I haven't been trying to lose weight since I found out I was pregnant, but I guess I'm not too surprised that I haven't gained weight either. I have felt pretty nauseous lately and haven't really wanted to eat to much. I never thought that I could experience a food aversion...(this is coming from a girl who likes to EAT!), but recently there are a lot of things that just sound gross.
Don't worry people, I am getting in enough well rounded calories to take care of my little one. It's just such a strange feeling to not be happy when I see the scale moving down.
In other news, I am praying and hoping that a concern of celiac disease by the naturopathic doctor I saw today is not true! I don't really want to go into details about this, but I also know how difficult a gluten free diet is and I hope that I won't have to experience this first hand. I will know in a couple of weeks once I get my blood drawn and tested.
Tomorrow I am turning 2 whole months pregnant! Yay! Not only that, but my embryo is graduating to fetus status! Go fetus, go fetus, go fetus, go!
10 comments:
I know lots of people who lost weight in the beginning of their pregnancy, because of morning sickness and all that fun stuff :)
2 months! Exciting!
Go fetus!!
For the nauseous feeling... you can try seabands. I never had morning sickness but I use them for motion sickness which is the same thing and everyone tells me they really work for the morning sickness. They are ten bucks and you can find them in any pharmacy near the dramamine. Just thought I would throw that out there in case you hadn't heard about it yet. :)
Somehow, in the midst of being on vacation, I COMPLETELY missed your announcement!! CONGRATS!!!!
Yeah, i've heard a lot of people say that those seabands work for morning sickness too! I'm so happy for you! I wouldn't worry about one pound lost.
HUGS!
I'll be praying for your doc appointment! Just so you know though (and I know this because my mother-in-law and sister-in-law have celiacs), those blood tests are often negative even if you have it. So it's almost a pointless test to take. Both Michele's and Susie's (in-laws) were negative. Michele's was so bad that they ended up actually doing a biopsy of her intestine and finding out that way. For Susie, the test was negative, but she still had a lot of the symptoms, so they asked her to try a gluten-free diet for 6 months. She's felt SO much better since then that she doesn't plan to eat gluten again. And they have come a long way in the last couple years in making so many more GF foods! And they actually taste pretty good too :)
Yay for being 8 weeks! Congrats, lady!
Congrats on 2 months. I lost a lot of weight the first few months of pregnancy due to morning( more like all day) sickness and only gained 20 pounds in all. What really helped me with the nauseous feeling was by sucking on lemon candies and ginger drops.
Grow fetus grow!!
Congratulations on your pregnancy! What an exciting time. Go fetus!
congrats on the fetus status
go fetus go
gluten free isnt horrible let me knwo if ya need any help with it if you need it
it will change your life na make you feel great if that is the problem
Congrats my dear! I'm so very happy for you. I've been MIA from the bloggy world for a while but I'm glad I swung by to take a peek in on you :) I love your last post on the nursery stuff. Too cute BTW! I'm just into my 28th week, just focus on you and baby being healthy, try not to obsess with the weight gain. Take care!!!
Post a Comment