Pages

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Overeating Woes

Ello Loves,

I have been avoiding this blog to no end since I left on my all girl road trip last week. Let's just say Kate and I reveled in the fact that we had both lost 30lbs and could fully embrace the freedom of eating with no regrets. Of course I knew it would be a struggle to get back into the healthy eating routine after almost an entire week of junk, but I hate to admit that it's been even harder than I expected. All I can say is I am fully hearing the healthy eating fairy in my head yelling "I TOLD YOU SO!" so please spare me if you have the urge to leave me that comment.

I hope to reign in with scale results on Sunday, August 1st, for my first official weigh in post in quite a while. After that, I'm taking some other bloggers advice and hiding that evil piece of junk from myself for a whole month. That's right- it's a pretty scary concept to go from weighing every day to once a month. But I'm hoping it's going to help me focus on a more long term goal.

I was mostly encouraged to make this choice after talking to THREE girlfriends who've lost a significant amount of weight over the last couple of years. One thing that really stuck out to me was that their weight loss was such a long term thing- like it took them on average about 1-2 years to lose 40lbs. The realistic thought of losing 2-3lbs a month makes me so much more excited to look at weight loss as a "long haul" thing.

So hopefully I will back by Sunday with an update. Maybe I will even go a little crazy and update my sidebar. We will see!

14 comments:

Mrs. S. said...

I look at as a lifetime thing. I don't know that anyone ever leaves the struggle in the dust.

(Also noticed your background is missing. Cutest Blog on the Block backgrounds are indefinitely messed up-I had to get a new one.)

Melissa said...

Girl, join the 'get rid of your scale' club! Had my hubby put mine away yesterday! I can't look at it again (until August 15th - then it goes back up until September 15th!) I admit it's a little wierd, b/c i used to weigh daily & before that weekly. But i think it's a good thing! I like what you said about the friends who've lost weight - how encouraging!! Hopefully your weight gain isn't as bad as you think!! :o/

Miss your posts!

Oh & I can see your background but i did hear that cutest blog on the block is having some problems...

:Deliciously Healthy said...

It was a STRUGGLE to get back to eating right after my vaca too! But I got there.

Getting rid of the scale is a great idea!!

SherRon said...

oooh! Why no pictures of the roadtrip? I'm excited to follow your non-scale adventures. It scares me to put mine away.

Continuous Changes said...

This will be a lifetime thing for you...it is for everyone. I haven't even hit 20 pounds lost and I have been doing this a year. It has been full of ups and downs, but I am taking on a new lifestyle and trying to find the common ground between my old lifestyle and my new.

You can do it, girl! You have always been inspiring to me :)

La. said...

I'm a once a week weigher and the thought of once a month freaks me out!!!

Losing it said...

it is tough for sure to get back on doing it right! Good luck with the weigh in's it's different I think for everyone when to weigh in. Some are daily so they can keep on track some are weekly so they can go a week with out looking and having some surprises hopefully, and monthly is a good idea for some longer term things, it will keep you in check, but also allow some freedom, like if you eat a high cal dinner and weigh in daily you are going to see some gain, were if you wait a month you might not notice it at all because we are all going to have a meal here and there that is not the best for us. Good luck! It takes time, it takes adjustments. I wish I could lose 2-3 week, but keeping it off would be impossible! I am ok with the .5-1 a week

Syl said...

i put mine away for a month and it was liberating however I felt like I needed the control and accountablity. I know weigh only a couple times a week rather than daily, keeps me on track and doesn't rule my moods.
Everyone is different, do what's right for you.

Carolyn & Gina - Two Fat Girls on A Mission said...

I think that putting the scale away will be liberating and scary. You have proven by your weight loss that you can do this! and perhaps "trying" not to weigh in will keep you more accountable.

Overweight in SoCal said...

Hey left you the lovely Versatile Award on my blog. Please check it out!

Tiff said...

Hello dearest!

Wow- it's been FOREVER since I've been able to check out your blog! It's cool to see that you ran in a race and are still maintaining your weight loss. I am right there with you on the overindulging with friends becasue it's a vacation kind of thing. Egh. Here's to getting back to the hardcore rockstar selves we know we are! :)

Sunshine Mama said...

I need to go a litle crazy and update my side bar too.

I was off the diet for a week too...and gained some weight...but I'm pregnant, ha! ha! Otherwise I would be not happy either.

You'll get back into it!

Ann Summerville said...

Congrats on your weight loss. I think that would be scary to go a month without knowing . . .
Ann
Less of Me

Mark said...

Being healthy is a choice for life, so don't worry about kicking back for a week :)