Pages

Monday, August 30, 2010

A Gluten Free Super Hero

Today I found out I am starting a gluten free diet. I don't have my test results back, but my doctor wants to see how my body reacts to going gf. The little boys I watch are also totally gf, and this is the following conversation I had with little Liam the four year old after I found out:

Me: Liam! Guess what? I'm going to start eating gluten free, just like you! No more gluten for me! I'm joining the GF team!

Liam: Really? WOW, cool!

Me: Yup, we could be GF superheroes!

Liam: Yes! Fighting gluten-villains from making people sick!

hehehe. I love kids. Especially these ones.

Anyway, I headed straight over to our local grocery store right after work and picked up some GF goodies. Thank goodness that there is actually A LOT of gf options out there these days! I picked up some pasta, granola bars, frozen waffles, and English muffins, all gluten free!

I'm kinda bummed, but at the same time, if this change makes me feel better, I definitely am willing to make this life change. I guess we will see!

8 comments:

Candace said...

Kids can be so cute. Gluten free is getting so popular now-gotta love going through this that you at least have resources right?

Laura said...

I've been considering doing a good detox diet and then paying attention to foods and how my body responds to them. I'm tired a lot and I seem to have mucus in the back of my throat often. Makes me wonder. Ugh. I know diet can affect so much of our health. Looking forward to hearing how the gluten free goes for you.

Amber said...

Good for you! There really are a lot of options out there now. You can even go to the Spaghetti Factory and get a totally GF meal! Many restaurants are adopting a GF menu. It's great because my mum-in-law and sis are finally able to eat out with everyone!

I hope it makes you feel better! Much love!

Jennifer said...

curious to know what your symptoms have been. I was wondering myself if I am sensitive to them

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the gluten free diet, i've seen a big range in our local shop and i've been tempted before but never took the plunge, hope it goes well.

Mrs. S. said...

Way to stay positive!

Sunshine Mama said...

That's a cute story.

Congrats on being two months along!!

Paul and Whitney Rohrbaugh said...

Sending you a blog award! Check out my blog for details!