However, I did think that today's post was so cute, I did want to share with you all. Hope you like it:
Hey My Raspberry!
This week you've grown to the size of a raspberry. That's half an inch! Seems so crazy to me that today you are 10,000 million times bigger than you were just one month ago.
Well as you may soon learn about your mommy, one of my all time favorite past times is garage sale-ing. I am taking the news of your arrival and preparing a fantastic room for you, full of treasures and knick knacks alike!
The theme to your room, I've decided, will be a mixture of antique toys and hot air balloons.These two things go really well together, as you will soon see, and I'm having a blast finding things to fill it with.
The main inspiration for the room came from the book "The Travels of Babar"which you can see, is being used as a picture for the header of this blog.

I like this print for many reasons. Firstly, it's just cute, and that's what you look for in a baby's room, right? Secondly, I think hot air balloons bring a sense of adventure and convey the thoughts of truly enjoying and experiencing life to it's fullest. This is going to be one of my main philosophies for raising you and any other little brothers and sisters that may come along!
Once I decided on this print for the main inspiration, I have been hard at work finding treasures to accommodate this somewhat unusual but definitely adorable nursery theme! So far, today was one of my biggest jackpots! I'll show you some of my favorite loot I scored:
Going along with the antique toy theme, I picked these wooden blocks up from my favorite antique store down by Nanie's house. They will eventually sit on a shelf in a room and spell out your name, but for now, you can get the idea:

Here are some more pictures of some wooden toys I picked up that some day you may enjoy. I love the look of these and the amount of detail that wooden toys often have:


Going along with the antique theme, this little mini bike will sit on a shelf and may be used by a stuffed animal of your choice eventually:

And these boots. Well, they don't really go with anything....but you can't deny that they are just adorable!

But perhaps my absolute favorite find of the day is this plaque. How amazingly does this fit the them of your room??

Can't wait till I get a chance to pull all of this together into your nursery, along with some blue sky painted walls with white clouds. You will have the cutest nursery on the block, I am determined!
Can't wait until you see it,
Mommy
9 comments:
i totally get why you'd maybe want to keep it personal.love the theme! and your finds.
i've wanted to go in a hot air balloon since i was little. someday.
so excited for you and K! it's really AMAZING how life is growing inside of you.
That's the cutest idea for a baby's room!! YAY! :)
it's totally understandable, keeping the baby blog private. As long as you update us w/ baby info like you did here, i will be happy! HAHA!
Just stumbled upon your blog today and love it! Love this post. New follower and just wanted to say hi = ) Happy Sunday!
Very Sweet!! I am excited to see your newest transformation girl.
So cute~
Awwwww! CONGRATS!!!! SO excited for you! I am really excited to continue reading about this part of your journey- you are going to be a GREAT mom! :)
Congratulations on your little bundle of joy!!
I got caught up on your last post and then this one.
What a cute idea for baby!
loving the theme and the blog entry. Mommyhood is such an amazing feeling. I get tears in my eyes everytime I think of the birth of my children. I am so happy for you
AWW love the boots I still have mine from when i was little (25 years ago)
Post a Comment