So much to share about the last 17 days. But first things first: I stepped on the scale this morning and was down 5 lbs. Technically, my goal is 40 pounds down. I want to celebrate the accomplishment somewhere. So 5lbs in 2 weeks and 2 days. That is pretty good. I'm proud of myself :).
Exercise has been challenging, but what an amazing feeling to feel your lungs expanding and no longer feeling like they are going to pop. It's also great to do a hard workout and not feel like your body can't move from sore muscles. I was at this point I'd say only about a week after I started. A WEEK. And in the past I would have given up after only a couple of days because I couldn't see an end in site.
My one complaint right now are my shins after I run. I think it has to do with jogging on the pavement, but they are pretty sore (and not really a muscle sore, more like shin splints). I hope to try out the H.S. track this weekend (Thanksgiving Holiday). That might help with the splints, not to mention there will be no hills to conquer!
Ok, I must be off to visit my friend Jillian. Working my way up to 30 Day Shred Level 2- haven't quite gotten there yet.
2018 Goals
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment