Pages

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thanksgiving- Blunders and Accomplishments

Well this long Thanksgiving was definitely a challenge to stay on track. Thursday, Thanksgiving day, we headed over to Kellen's grandparents house (the Bergen's) to chow down. I was pretty proud of myself here- although I was starving by the time food was served, I stuck with healthy choices (turkey, green beans, and small amount of mashed taters) and didn't go back for a second plate. Dessert time I had a very small slice of apple pie and some whipped cream.

I snacked on a couple of olives in between things and was excited to find out that five olives are only 25 calories! Woohoo!

When I got home I did some "loose" calculating of my calories for the day on livestrong.com and found I had around 700 calories left for the day! WOW. I had some rice and a skinny cow.

Needless to say, I was happy with my performance :).

The next two days were spent at my grandparents house, which, if anything is a temptation situation, this one is. Not only is my Grandma a great cook (in my opinion) but she cooks to feed the thousands (when there are only about 10 of us)!

All in all, I'm happy with the choices I made (despite my dessert choice on Friday...eeekk). I also walked on the treadmill on Friday instead of just opting out of exercise all together.

Today is sunday and I can't weigh myself (though I may just end up cheating!!). Ready for week 4 to start tomorrow.

No comments: