Oh my dear little blog readers, can I just say I apologize so sincerely for my disappearance lately! But I am sure you will understand when I say that the sun brings little motivation to sit inside on a computer? Surely all our blogs have been a bit more sparse than we would have liked lately, for good reason!
SUMMER!
Summer is by far my favorite season- who does not love driving with the windows down, splashing around on the beach (or lake, depending on your location) and soaking up some much needed rays! And summer in the Pacific Northwest is absolutely perfect- a cool and breezy 70-80 degrees that makes the sun all the more bearable.
I am going to attempt to catch you up on my life in the last three weeks in no particular order, but through some pictures I've captured on my phone over the last couple of weeks.
To start, I would have to say my creative juices have been flowing. Maybe it's because I'm currently working for an artist? PS- Check her out! Rachel @ SymbioticLife --she makes AMAZING jewelry!
So here's a little sample of some projects I've been working on:
Ever heard of upcycling? It's taking something that is no longer of value to you and turning it into something that is. I like the idea of recycling things into something you will use. Kellen and I took an old dresser drawer and turned it into a birdhouse:

And the finished product:

Have I mentioned how much I love cherry blossoms? They's got to be my favorite trees. So beautiful.
And of course being a nanny comes with extreme perks. Check out the art project the boys and I did yesterday:
SO fun! I love my job.
And I'm sure some of you are wondering how my race went on 4th of July?

My friend Hollie and I totally rocked it! We almost ran the whole thing, but walked a part of an extremely large hill. We finished with a time of 36:45--quite impressive considering the amount of hills in this bad boy! I was so proud of myself! And guess what? Even hubby ran it too! We will leave about the part of him feeling pretty cruddy afterwards...he hadn't ran for a while!
Guess what other joyous occasions summer brings? BBQ'S!!! Honestly if I could BBQ my food every day of my life, I think I would. We have been experimenting with lots of different veggies:

Broccoli is delicous grilled! Who knew?
So I pretty much had abandoned hope over my veggie garden after my dog dug it up. But guess what? I visited yesterday and it seems that something has survived! Hallelujah! Yes, I realize there seems to be some bite marks from slugs on the leaves, but that can be easily fixed!

Other than that, I've just been running around with two little guys with tiny feet and going on "the messiest, dirtiest adventures" ever! (words from a four year old!)
Hope you are having a fantastic summer so far!
11 comments:
I love this post, so cheery!
I love the Welcome Rock display!
Have a great summer!
way to go on the run!
love the footprint photo!
i love the birdcage!!
This post really made me smile! It's great that you love your job so much :)
And the birdhouse is so cool!
Yay a blog post! :) Love the projects! YAY for a great race!! Way to go.
So cute! I've been missing ya! Glad all is going well!
It's about time! ;)
Let's get together for a BBQ before the summer is over!
Cute!! You got me in the crafting mood !
High 5 on your race!
...I'm seriously going to run to Micheal's now! ;D
Welcome back! I'm glad you had a fantastic summer!!! 36:45 is good! :D COngrats!
Ooh I wanna try the grilled broccoli!
Upcycling is a great idea. That little birdhouse is amazing. I like how you kept the handle as a perch.
Post a Comment