Well the run thing has been going pretty well, for the most part.
Yesterday, I woke up and decided I would wait a little while to go on my daily run (it's tough to fit around all these stinkin naps my one year old is still taking!). It was a little bit drizzly outside, but not too bad. I decided that when Haden got up from his first nap we would head out. I got all my workout gear on, got Haden dressed and was about to walk out the door when, lo and behold, it was pouring :(.
This exact same scenario happened in the afternoon too. No rain, we get ready, and it pours. Poo.
Does it count as a workout if I just stay in my work out gear all day?!
We never got the chance to go out because of the rain. Guess it's time to purchase that weather shield.
Hubby normally would have helped me out when he got home, but he was off to have a "man weekend" up at his friends cabin in the mountains. He told me it was to celebrate cinco de mayo so all he knew was that there would be sombreros and margaritas involved. Haha! It's good for us to have our own things going on so I wished him well on his way and decided to go to a friends grad party.
The skies are clear today so I finally got that run in! Again, I say run, but it is more like a really slow jog combined with some fast walking. Ah well...it's exercise, that's all that matters.
On Thursday I made the mistake of telling a "runner" that I would run with her. LOL. I tried warning her that I was still really out of shape. We ran through a wooded trail which was mostly upways. I thought I would die at first, but I am happy to say I survived and hope to return to it sometime when I am a little more prepared to keep up :).
I'm off to visit the farmers market! Hope you have a great weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment